Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Iron Bess Bonney ahoy

Got me a pirate name today, ooarrr!! I did use to play at pirates, then I got a bit snooty tooty about their general nastiness, but nowadays, I am not ashamed to admit that I like fantasy pirate life, and I pretty much subscribe to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster view that global warming is due to the decrease in the pirate population, and that to avert global disaster, we must all wear full pirate regalia and practise useful expressions like "ooo arr me hearties" and "swab the decks" (the latter is especially important when addressing any inhabitants of my home who are under 18) and "shiver me timbers" and you get the idea.

I wonder whether submitting my next book as Iron Bess Bonney will get me any further in the agent/publisher hunt game...somehow, I think not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.